Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Makes: 2 x cups
Note: If you have a serious case of Man Flu (like I do) get his down you and it will give your immune system that kick up the ass it needs.
· 2 cups of Coconut milk
· 2 tsp of ground Turmeric
· 1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger (peeled)
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 2 tsp of either maple syrup/golden syrup/honey
· 1 tsp coconut oil
· a touch of ground black pepper
· A sprinkle of Cinnamon
1. Heat the coconut milk on a medium heat until it starts to warm
2. In a separate bowl, finely grate the ginger and combine with the turmeric and 2 tsp of boiling water.
3. Add the mixture to the coconut milk and comntinue to heat over the hob, mixing constantly.
4. When coconut milk is starting to steam, add all other ingredients.
5. When coconut milk is too hot to touch it is ready to serve - be careful not to burn it!
6. Pour into mugs, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
Note: You can whisk the milk with a hand whisk or electric one to create a foam on your latte to give you that real coffee shop experience