Peas on Toast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Makes: 2 x peas on toast for you and a friend
Note: Great for brekky or lunch and full of vitamins
· 400 grams of peas (a few handfuls)
· 1 lemon juice and zest
· 4 Slices of seeded bread
· 1 Tablespoons of Extra-virgin olive oil
· 100 grams of Goats Cheese
· 2 Tablespoons of boiling water
· 1 tsp of honey
· 1 tea spoon of hot paprika
· A handful of fresh mint leaves finely chopped
· A sprinkle of fresh mint leaves to garnish
· 50g of crumbled feta cheese
· A handful of cherry tomatoes chopped in half
· Salt and Pepper
1. Boil the peas in salted boiling water for 2 mins or until bright green.
2. Remove from the heat and drain in a colander – instantly run under a cold tap until cool.
3. Get a large mixing bowl and combine peas with salt, pepper, olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, hot paprika, chopped mint leaves and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the goats cheese with the boiling water and honey. Mix with a fork until the goats cheese has loosened and is of a spreadable consistency.
5. Add the whipped goats cheese to the peas and combine everything with your hands until it is all mixed together.
6. Season to taste - At this point you may want to add more lemon or salt and pepper depending on how you like it.
7. Place the mixture on top of your bread/toast and garnish with your chopped tomatoes, crumbled feta, chopped cherry Toms and salt and pepper.
Make sure to follow along on the Jack Fox Cooks Pinterest for
daily food recipe ideas!