Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 6 mins
Level: Easy - Moderate
Makes: 4 burgers
· 600g of beef mince from your butchers - 1/3 Chuck, 1/3 Flank, 1/3 Brisket
· 8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
· Red Leicester Cheese sliced
· Mayonnaise and English mustard combined.
· Burger relish/chutney
· Sliced Cucumber gherkins
· Rocket leaves
· Brioche Burger Buns
1. Combine mince and form into 150g burger patty’s.
2. Heat a frying pan or skillet to a medium -high heat and add oil (don’t use olive oil as it has a lower burning temperature).
3. Season Patty’s well with salt, pepper and oil and add to heated pan along with the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip.
4. Whilst the Patty’s are cooking, toast the bottom of the burger buns in the pan alongside the patty’s which allows the buns to soak up the flavour of the meat (around 15 seconds)
5. Remove toasted Buns and top with mayonnaise, mustard, chutney, pickles and a handful of rocket.
6. Flip the burger patty’s and the bacon, cook for 1 minute and then put the bacon on top of the patty’s followed by your cheese slices.
7. Place a heat proof lid/bowl on top of the pan for 1 minute or until the cheese has started to melt.
8. Once cheese has partially melted add the Brioche bun lids on top of the burgers and replace the lid for 20 seconds. This will allow the bun to steam in the meaty flavours.
9. Remove burgers from the pan (total cooking time should be about 6 minutes – this will be a medium burger) and place on top of prepared burger bun.