Smoky Baba Ganoush
Smoky Baba Ganoush Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes: 1 x bowl of Baba Ganoush to share with friends and family
Note: Great for Dinner Parties as you can prepare all the elements the day before!
· 2 Large Aubergines
· 1 lemon juice and zest
· 2 garlic cloves
· 2 Tablespoons of Extra-virgin olive oil
· 3 heaped tablespoons of Greek style yoghurt
· 1 tea spoon of hot paprika
· 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
· 3 tablespoons of Tahini
· A handful of pomegranate seeds
· Olive oil
· Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat BBQ or Grill to a medium/high heat and blacken your Aubergines turning every now and then until Aubergine is black and crispy on outside (About 12 minutes)
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes
3. Once cool enough to handle, peel of skin and scoop Aubergine flesh into a blender.
4. Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Season with taste. At this point you may want to add more lemon, tahini or salt and pepper depending on how you like it.
6. Pour into a bowl and season with pomegranate seeds and a glug of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
7. Enjoy with some flatbreads, raw veg or even use as a side with some chicken and rice!